Check out Our Newest Member of the Prieto Post Family!!


Check out My latest Posts on Pinterest!

FlipBoard Mag of the Month

Flipboard mag of the Month

Flip Board State Of The Nation !

TWEET FEED

Disingenuous Left’s Confusion Over Pelosi’s Lies and the Right’s Reaction


Sent to you via Google Reader

Disingenuous Left's Confusion Over Pelosi's Lies and the Right's Reaction

-By Warner Todd Huston



There is one particular lefty whose blog I frequent. I do so for several reasons. First of all, he is not psychotic, second he has a great sense of humor, and third I think he really means well for the country. Of course, he's still wrong, naturally. There is also a fourth reason. I watch his blog because I get the lefty spin du jour without having to sift through the stupidity of the DailyKos, the childish profaneness of wonkette, the circus acts of Olbermann and Maddow, or the down right mental disease that infests the Demmocraticundergound. Plus my friend Piker saves me a lot of time, really.



Anyway, the lefty spin of the day is over Pelosi's "torture" lies. What the left is selling itself is a claimed "lack of understanding" over why those of us on the right are so exercised over the lies that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is telling concerning when and of what she knew about the enhanced interrogations being carried out by the CIA and others of America's intelligence forces.



You see, instead of trying to wrestle with their consciences over her lies and her obvious tacit, half decade of support for what they consider "torture," the left has decided to worry more about why the right is so upset at Pelosi. I guess that is preferable to introspection. Less mental anguish that-a-way, I suppose.



So as it happens, many on the left are asking some questions of the right on this Pelosi business. After I saw the question on my aquaintence's blog, I took a look around the web and saw it in multiple places. I'll give two sources shortly, but I saw these themes on more than a few lefty sites.



They are essentially asking why we would be upset at Pelosi for being quiet about the "torture" over the last few years? How can we justify being mad at her for doing what we obviously think was a good thing? If she was quiet that whole time why attack her for what she knew? What makes us so mad about the whole thing?



The second aspect of their spin is that the right is still the worse party because calling Pelosi a hypocrite over her sudden desire to prosecute Bush officials over "torture" means that she did know "torture" was carried out. This line of lefty thinking posits that we are mad that our "torture" program is being revealed so, while Pelosi may be a hypocrite, her being so pales in comparison to Republican...



Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts