Check out Our Newest Member of the Prieto Post Family!!


Check out My latest Posts on Pinterest!

FlipBoard Mag of the Month

Flipboard mag of the Month

Flip Board State Of The Nation !

TWEET FEED

Sprint CS

 
 

Sent to you by John via Google Reader:

 
 

via TreoCentral.com by FreePour on 8/4/09

Ok so I accidentally pressed the enter button while trying to write the title of this thread and I am sure there are a few threads I could have used to tell this story. I was attempting to use the "Recommended thread" tool that PreCentral gives when starting a new thread and unfortunately I did press enter a little too soon. So if a mod wants to merge this with another thread feel free.

I did want to post about my recent Sprint customer service experience.

I have been with Sprint for 12 years now and I used to wonder why I stuck with them. It was almost self inflicted abuse to even call customer service back in the day. Terrible people, terrible troubleshooting, and in the end I always had terrible results. But I can testify that Sprint has clearly turned a page and has essentially re-created the Customer Service side of their business.

I called in just several days ago because i was getting an EV (evdo) Icon on my Pre. In my are we have never had evdo. Always 1x. On this day however EV was displaying and of course the data was very fast, but the EV signal was spotty at best (just like the voice signal here) and it was constantly switching from EV to 1x, making any use of data very frustrating and essentially useless. So I called in and was referred to Tech Support. They guy I spoke with said that he didnt see anything about EVDO upgrades in my area and that maybe I was Roaming which could explain my EVDO signal. I explained that I had in fact disabled both voice roaming and data roaming to troubleshoot and had even done my resets. He didnt make me repeat the lengthy process of troubleshooting and he accepted my word that I knew what I was talking about and he said he would look into it and give me a return call within a day. We even discussed overall call quality and voice signal coverage in my area and he said he would look into that as well (i get almost no serive in my new home without the free sprint airave).Now, I have been told that before and am sure I never received the "Elusive Return Call" before. Times are clearly different because he called me back the next morning and referred me to some sort of Cell Tower Tech in my area. The cell tower tech guy informs me that they are in fact installing EVDO in my city and they are currently in the process of aiming the antennas and that EVDO should be fully functional without interruption within a day or two. He then refers to lack of signal at home and says he cannot find the address and would I give him turn bu turn directions to my neighborhood. So I explain how to get there and it seems like hes writing the directions down until I tell him what street Im on and then i see the guy drive by! He literally is out driving around to find my dead zone neighborhood! Then the call gets dropped but he stops by anyways and we discuss the issue. he cant guarantee any kind of service upgrade to my general area of course as he explains towers cost many many thousands of dollars but at least this guy was really really trying. This would have never happened a few years ago.

So I give my Kudos to Sprint for the new EVDO in my area, my new, non oreo, uncracked screen, still touchstone charging, unbleeding screen, 100% working pixels, PALM PRE! and maybe even a tower in my area soon!

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts